- Red door cafe – Northcote A unique, chic, hidden Northcote gem! Good food and good service. There is a good selection of food to choose from. Bit of a walk from tram and expect to wait for a table.
2. Tinker – Northcote. It’s not hard to miss Tinker when driving down High Street in Northcote, just look for the big group of people huddled around the door eagerly awaiting a table. Simply sensational and a welcome addition to the Northcote Café scene.
3. Alimentari – Collingwood. Very cute European-style deli cafe. Great vibe and staff, adorable set up, food is amazing. The homemade gluten free bread is an absolute winner.
4. Addict Food and Coffee Fitzroy. Finally got around to trying Addict Food & Coffee and was not disappointed. The interior is simple, s medium sized (but with plenty of outdoor seating) The menu has all the basics as well as some interesting options. definitely worth a visit.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups apple brandy, preferably Calvados
- Eight cinnamon sticks
In small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice and apple brandy. Set a cinnamon stick in each of 8 mugs or heatproof glasses, pour in the hot liquid and serve.
Is your home in need of a make over this summer?
Are you tired of the colours after a long winter and want to add some pop to your room. You could simply just invest in a new rug or cushions, or you go all the way and some fresh paint to your walls. I love the the marigold and tangerine this summer with a hint of spruce. With concrete Laminex it’s never been easier to create this look to your kitchen or bathroom.
With the weather warming up and racing around the corner what better way then to relax and enjoy some cocktails between friends.
My favourite for the spring are
30ml Lemon juice
15 ml Honey
Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lemon
60 ml citrus vodka
30 ml cranberry juice
30 ml elderflower syrup
Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice.
strain into a martini glass.
Scoop of sorbet
Add sorbet into in a champaign flute and add champaign
Day to day life can be hard for the individuals who have diet requirements.
This doesn’t mean that beauty has to neglected too.
Here some Gluten free beauty products that have to be tried.
ORGANIC INFUSED LIP LOVE LIPSTICK
PERFECTING UNDER EYE CONCEALER
ORGANIC INFUSED FOUNDATION
ORGANIC INFUSED PURE SOUL MASCARA
Hot Spiced Wine
750ml red wine
150g castor sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
peel of one lemon
peel of one orange
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp fresh nutmeg
pinch of ginger
1. Place all ingredient except the wine into a large saucepan and place on medium heat. Add just a small glug of red wine to the pan to ensure the sugar is covered and let it cook for 4-5 minutes until it becomes thick and sticky. This should let all the spices infuse well.
2. Once the mixture has become sticky enough, add the rest of the wine and turn down the heat. You don’t want the wine to boil otherwise all the alcohol will evaporate!!! Let cook for 5 minutes and serve hot with slices with fresh orange.
- raspberries (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split and scraped, seeds and pod reserved
- 1 tablespoon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
Place the raspberries in a sealable glass jar and mash them with a spoon or muddler until just broken up enough to release juice. Add wine, seal, and shake the jar. Let steep for 2 days.
Pour brandy in pint-sized sealable glass jar along with the vanilla bean, split and scraped, and the lemon zest. Seal and shake the jar, then let steep for 2 days.
Strain the raspberry-wine mixture through strainer lined with cheesecloth. Reserve the raspberries for another use, if desired. Set aside one cup of infused wine and pour remainder into small saucepan. Add sugar. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy, 5 to 7 minutes. Let syrup cool to room temperature.
Strain brandy through fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth. Combine infused brandy with raspberry syrup in quart-sized sealable jar. Add reserved cup raspberry wine. Seal and shake, then let rest at room temperature for 2 days. Refrigerate and store for up to 1 month.
Change the way you hang your photos in your home.
I know i have frames everywhere it starts to clutter and i want to make my home as neat as i can so i found some new design ideas to make my rooms look great and have all my photos on display.
Add some extra storage to your kitchen with some racks in your bench top.
This can be simply done with running some wood panels along a window ledge or wall edge from your bench top.
Newspaper and letter storage
With an old door or mirror frame simply overlap some material of your choice. Secure the material from the back.